Monday, August 15, 2011

First Gardening blog

I would like to first off like to introduce myself. My name is Farmer Stamps and unlike my name I am not a professional gardener but just starting out. I live in a subdivision with my wife and daughter and work 40+ hours a week. I got introduced to gardening from my grandfather and my dad who have a combined experience of at least 80 years when it comes to gardening. In this blog I am going to post about things I have learned, experiments I try, failures I have, hopefully successes too, and little bits of random (hopefully) useful information.
Let me start out by saying anyone can garden and grow vegetables but let me warn you it will take some time and effort on your behalf. I have a 12' by 26' foot garden and I normally spend around an hour or two every couple of nights out there; I am normally weeding, watering, or picking vegetables. I use to never believe people who said that garden fresh fruit and vegetables were better but honestly they are right. I might just be the fact that you are rewarding yourself with all your hard work and effort or it might be that you don't pick your fruit and vegetables early either.

My useful tip of the week
Don't buy the vegetable plant that is fully grown and will cost you 20 to 30 dollars because you will never make your money back on it, instead buy the little 6 pack of vegetables for around 6 to 10 dollars. That is how you make money gardening. Personally I am trying to grow them from seeds and then plant what comes up.

No comments:

Post a Comment